An EMCP is an all-encompassing customized, written system that guides your company to be in full compliance on every export. Generally, an EMCP can be broken down into at least 3 elements, administrative, order processing, and screening. An EMCP will need to be customized to your product, customers, countries of destinations, and a list of other factors. A critical part of an EMCP is the creation of export controls within your company. They provide the checks and safeguards at key steps in the order processing system. These checks ensure that the right questions are being asked, at the right time, to comply with all US export controls.
• Management Commitment/level of involvement
• Responsible personnel/record keeping
• Training/internal reviews
• Create an order processing chart showing the flow of orders in your company
• Identify vulnerabilities and where internal controls can be implemented
• Product determination/licensing screening
• Risk diversion screening - Denied parties, entity, antiboycott, debarred, unverified, SDN.
• Dual use sensitivity - Nuclear, Missile, Chemical & Biological end use/ end users.
Seating is limited, and registration is required. The registration fee of $250 will be waived for NC companies who apply & qualify for a free seat through the STEP Program. Companies can register up to 2 employees. Participants will be surveyed 6-12 months later.