Website French Broad Adventures
WHERE ASHEVILLE COMES TO PLAY SINCE 1981
Whitewater Rafting, Whitewater Guides, Adventure Guides, Outdoor Guide, Outdoor Industry
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
*This job will be based at our Marshall, NC Outpost
Hiring for 2023 – Submit Your Resume
WANT A FUN JOB IN THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE INDUSTRY?
French Broad Adventures is hiring RAFT GUIDES for the upcoming 2023 season.
Whitewater rafting, zipline canopy tours, canyoneering, calm water trips– we’ve got it all! We operate our adventures out of Asheville, Marshall, and Hot Springs, NC.
The mission of French Broad Adventures is to combine experienced guides, excellent customer service, and exceptional outdoor adventures to create incomparable memories for our valued guests. Our main season goes from mid-May through September. This is a seasonal position. Experience is preferred, but we will train the right candidates.
Training for inexperienced guides will be the last weekend in April and the first three weekends in May. Classes are offered through Asheville-Buncombe Community College. The cost is $375, which is refundable at the end of the season if all commitments are met.
Interested in spending the summer whitewater rafting with us on the beautiful French Broad River? Join our team of adventure-loving outdoor enthusiasts!
Raft Guides must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Maintain a current First Aid/Basic CPR/AED certification
- Complete FBA Raft Guide training and check-out process
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Work well under pressure
- Have a positive attitude
- Possess the ability to take direction
- Demonstrate risk management strategies
- Work well as part of a team
- Have enthusiasm about sharing outdoor activities with guests
- Show good judgment and decision-making
- Be comfortable speaking to large groups
- Have the willingness to work weekends and holidays
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive Pay Range: $10.50 – $12.00 per hour +Tips from our amazing guests
Retail Shop discounts on FBA Gear
Discounts on Adventures with French Broad Adventures
French Broad Adventures is an equal-opportunity employer and adventure provider. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, political beliefs, parental status, marital status, gender or gender identity.
To apply for this job please visit www.frenchbroadrafting.com.