Website Asheville Wellness Tours
Hourly | Part Time | Seasonal (March – Oct)
*potential for year round and/or full time in 2024*
15-20 hrs per week
Friday – Sunday (must be on-call and available for all scheduled weekend experiences)
May include additional hours Mon-Thurs for admin meetings or special events as needed
Work Location: This is a work-from-home position for someone based in Asheville, NC with occasional in-person meeting and event attendance required.
About Asheville Wellness Tours:
Asheville Wellness Tours offers unique, curated mini-wellness-retreats in Asheville, NC with options that include lighthearted, wellness-forward experiences such as Yoga Hikes, Forest Bathing, Massage, Tarot, Private Chef Services, and much more.
Our mission is to craft experiences that connect our guests more deeply to themselves, each other, and Asheville!
Who We’re Looking For:
To complete our administrative team, we’re seeking an organized, detail-oriented, creative, problem-solving “generalist” who is passionate about wellness and interested in the potential for growth within the company as we expand .
The Administrative Assistant will be the supportive force that empowers our team and curates an exceptional experience for our guests and partners. The ideal person for the job will be a proactive problem solver with strong communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail. They will have previous experience working in an office environment, performing administrative duties and providing support to management. Experience in hospitality, travel, and wellness is awesome, but not required.
This job is ideal for someone who is:
- Dependable — realistic with time management and commitments.
- Flexible — enjoys working with frequent shifts in direction.
- Independent — thrives working with little direction. A problem solver!
- Hospitable — skillful in coordinating with many people while ensuring an environment of warm hospitality & excellent customer service.
- Assertive – excellent communicator and good listener who is comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
- Organized – highly attentive to detail.
Primary Roles: the key responsibilities of this position are to act as the weekend on-call contact and to generally support the guests, partners, and administrative team at Asheville Wellness Tours.
This may look like answering phones & email, creating/improving/organizing systems, coordinating meetings, creating new bookings, onboarding new partners & team members, preparing support materials for marketing initiatives, assisting with event planning, crafting custom itineraries for guests, managing guide/partner schedules, and more.
Though we are a small team with a lot of overlap in responsibilities, regular tasks may include:
- Answer phones and monitor emails Friday through Sunday.
- Build relationships with our 50+ local partners and discover creative ways to continue to support them.
- Follow up with groups after their visit.
- Schedule guides/partners/facilitators for all confirmed bookings.
- Manage equipment, track inventory, and coordinate with facilitators as needed.
- Manage content consistency and updates on event calendars, OTA listings, booking software, and website.
- Onboard new team members.
- Research potential new partners and create/maintain a database of leads.
- Organize and maintain Google Drive and other systems. Create new systems as needed to support efficiency and consistency within AWT operations.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, with strong communication and time management skills.
- Proactive, warm, and welcoming, professional presence – by phone and in person.
- Ability to comfortably give and receive constructive and positive feedback.
- Passionate about wellness!
- Basic graphic design experience with Canva or similar.
- Strong computer proficiency including but not limited to Word, Excel,
- PowerPoint and Google Suite with aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Additional database experience is a plus.
- Ability to receive and seek out supervisory direction when needed.
- Must have a strong ability to use sound judgement and common sense in a self-directed environment while handling multiple projects simultaneously. Strong organizational, computer, and people skills are essential.
Asheville Wellness Tours is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org